December 2017

MINUTES OF THE YOXFORD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN
YOXFORD VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 7th DECEMBER 2017 AT 7:00 PM

 

1.         Attendance and Apologies

 

Attendees:
Cllr.   Russell Pearce – Chair
Cllr. Ann Lambert
Cllr. David Childs
Cllr. Susan Hall
Cllr. Val Kelsey
Cllr. Ian ShawCllr.   John Sutherell
Apologies for   absence:Cllr.   Paul Ashton – written and accepted
Cllr. Stephen Siddall – written and accepted
Cllr. John Walford – written and accepted
County Cllr. Richard Smith
District Cllr. Stephen Burroughes
In attendance:Sharon   Smith – Clerk/RFO
  1. 2.         Declarations of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary Interests

 

None.

3.         Public Forum

 

A member of the public attended to speak to County Cllr. Richard Smith about the recent Sizewell C Community Forum meeting.  As Cllr. Smith was absent, the Clerk said she would forward his report.

ACTION: Clerk to send report.

 

  1. 4.         Meeting Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 2nd November 2017 were proposed by Cllr. David Childs and seconded by Cllr. Susan Hall.  They were approved as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chair.

5.         Matters Arising

a)         With reference to item 3b, the Council noted that Highways had begun cutting back the pathway from the village to Darsham station but it was incomplete.  It was agreed to thank County Cllr. Richard Smith for his intervention and for the work done so far.  The Council look forward to the completion of the work when possible.
ACTION: Clerk to email County Cllr. Richard Smith.

b)         With reference to item 6d, the damaged fence has been reported to Flagship but has not yet been repaired.  There has been no reply from Flagship about the football field.  It was agreed to ask District Cllr. Stephen Burroughes if he can help.
ACTION: Cllr. John Sutherell to progress.

6.         Councillors’ Meetings and Progress Reports

 

a)         Yoxwood – a wildlife monitoring camera has been purchased.  The Council acknowledged the letter of thanks received from the Chair of Yoxwood Steering Group regarding the funding for the eco-toilet.

b)         Village Hall – Cllr. Val Kelsey stepped down as the Council’s representative and will be replaced by Cllr. Ann Lambert and Cllr. Ian Shaw.  At the AGM held last month, a new Treasurer and a further Trustee were appointed.

c)         Sizewell C – the Council discussed the feedback from EDF Energy representatives at the Sizewell C Community Forum on the responses received during its stage 2 consultation.  EDF acknowledged at the event that significant concerns were raised about the proposed interventions for the B1122 and said they would look in detail at the capacity of the road and the resulting mitigation requirements.

 

d)         Church – the Parochial Church Council discussed the architect’s report and agreed the priority was to create an open space at the back of the church for community use.

e)         Police – Cllr. John Sutherell attended the briefing by Tim Passmore, the Police and Crime Commissioner, and the Local Safer Neighbourhood team.  Cllr. Sutherell circulated handouts to the members and said he had signed up to Police Connect.  Tim Passmore is rallying all Suffolk MPs to address the police funding issues with the Home Office.  Cllr. Sutherell said five crimes were reported in September 2017 – two were violence/sex crimes in Meadowlands Close and three were thefts in High Street, Culcott Close and Westleton Road.

f)          Work Party – more clearing work has been done in the churchyard and two signs have been erected in the wildflower meadow explaining its current state and the future expectations.

g)         Local Businesses – Cllr. Susan Hall said she has begun introducing herself to local business owners and leaving her contact details to enable them to raise issues or seek Parish Council support.

 

7.         Councillor Vacancy
No applications were received for the Councillor vacancy.

 

8.         Village

 

a)         The Council agreed to support planning application DC/17/4713/TPO – to reduce a row of mainly sycamore trees at 2 Tunns Cottage, Old High Road.
ACTION: Clerk to inform SCDC Planning.
b)         The Council rejected a proposal to relocate the bus-stop further along the High Street as it would restrict parking space for customers of the opposite row of shops.  The Council agreed in principle to install a bench near the current bus-stop where the pavement widens, subject to further research and approval from Highways.
ACTION: Clerk to contact Highways for permission and obtain examples of benches with prices.

c)         The Council agreed to send a letter of support to Yoxford and Peasenhall Primary School regarding their funding bid to refurbish the swimming pool.
ACTION: Clerk to send a letter.

  1. 9.         Administration

 

a)         The Council discussed the requirements to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.  The Clerk attended an initial training session on the new regime and said that SALC will clarify whether an independent third-party Data Protection Officer will need to be appointed.  The Council agreed to take initial steps to identify and carry out an impact assessment of all Council datasets, review data security processes, adopt recommended policies and to develop their own knowledge in this area.

b)         The Council approved Cllr. Susan Hall’s appointment as the Parish Council’s local business liaison.
c)         It was agreed to postpone approval of regulations for Yoxford cemetery until the next meeting.
ACTION: Clerk to add to next month’s agenda.
d)         The Council agreed meeting dates for 2018 attached as Appendix II.

 

  1. 10.       Finance

a)         The Council noted the latest financial position detailed in Appendix III.

b)         The Council approved the budget for the financial year 2018/2019.

c)         It was agreed to postpone setting the parish precept for the financial year 2018/2019 until the next meeting.
ACTION: Clerk to add to next month’s meeting.

d)         The Council rejected a request from Headway Suffolk for a donation.

e)         The Council authorised the payments listed below.  Proposed by Cllr. David Childs. Seconded by Cllr. Ann Lambert.  All were in favour.

Details Payee Amount Power
Clerk’s Salary Sharon Smith £416.88 LGA   1972 s.112
Clerk’s   PAYE HMRC £1.80 LGA   1972 s.111
Clerk’s   Expenses Sharon   Smith £27.90 LGA   1972 s.111
Rent   – Oct/Nov/Dec 2017 Village   Hall £45.00 LGA   1972 s.111
Christmas   Fayre Mulled Wine Val   Kelsey £49.36 LGA   1972 s.111

11.       Correspondence

 

The Councillors noted the correspondence received between 29th October 2017 and 2nd December 2017 detailed in Appendix IV. 

  1. 12.       Questions to the Chair

The Council discussed a member of the public’s concerns about speeding on the B1122.  It was noted that lengthening the 30mph zone is not a straightforward process.  It was agreed to ask District Cllr. Stephen Burroughes for his opinion.
ACTION: Cllr. John Sutherell to speak to Cllr. Stephen Burroughes.

 

  1. 13.       Date and Time of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Council will be held on Thursday 4th January 2018 at 7:00 pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting closed at 8:45 pm.

 

 

 

Appendix I – Outstanding Actions

Meeting   Date

Item Ref

Action

Responsibility

Comments

05/10/17 5d Follow   up with SCDC about hedge cutting at Culcott Close. Clerk
05/10/17 7b Follow   up with Planning Enforcement Officer about mobile home at 7 Strickland Manor   Hill. Clerk

 

Appendix Ii – Meeting Dates 2018

Thursday 4th January 2018

Thursday 1st February 2018

Thursday 1st March 2018

Thursday 5th April 2018 – Annual Parish Meeting

Thursday 3rd May 2018 – Annual Meeting

Thursday 7th June 2018

Thursday 5th July 2018

Thursday 2nd August 2018

Thursday 6th September 2018

Thursday 4th October 2018

Thursday 1st November 2018

Thursday 6th December 2018

 


 

Appendix III – Financial Position

Bank Balances  
HSBC Community Account as at 3 November 2017

£10,462.10

N S & I Investment Account as at 31 December 2016

£10,747.89

United Trust Bank as at 31 July 2017

£6,917.47

£28,127.46

 

Allocated Funds and Reserves  
SMH Play Area (including interest to 31 Mar 2016)

£1,170.85

Reserves

£6,800.00

£7,970.85

 

 

 

Bank Balances less Allocated Funds and Reserves

£20,156.61

 

   
Income – December 2017  
Share of Water Charges

£26.89

   
Payments – December 2017  
Sharon Smith – Clerk’s Salary

£416.88

HMRC – Clerk’s PAYE

£1.80

Sharon Smith – Clerk’s Expenses

£27.90

Village Hall Rent – Oct/Nov/Dec 2017

£45.00

Val Kelsey – Xmas Fayre Mulled Wine

£49.36

£540.94

Net Balance

£19,642.56

 

Appendix III – Correspondence

a)         Yoxford Volunteers Update x 2.
b)         Greenprint Forum – October Newsletter.
c)         SALC – Weekly Information Bulletin w/c 30/10/17, 06/11/17, 13/11/17 & 20/11/17.
d)         UK Power Networks – Be Winter Ready.
e)         SALC – AGM and Request for Information.
f)          Suffolk Constabulary Newsletter.
g)         Secretary of State’s Announcement – Creation of a new super district for East Suffolk.
h)         Suffolk Coastal Local Plan – Kelsale cum Carlton Neighbourhood Plan approved.
i)          2018-19 Town and Parish Precept Demand Letter.
j)          Invitation to Yoxford Village Hall AGM.
k)         Yoxwood View – Reporting Damage to Fence and Update on Playing Field.
l)          EDF Energy – Sizewell B Community Newsletter – October 2017.
m)        Enabling Development – Invitation to Public Meeting.
n)         SALC – Suffolk Coastal Area Meeting Papers.
o)         SCDC – Commencement of 8 week Consultation Period for Griffin Public House.
p)         SCDC – Car Parking – your views are wanted.
q)         Email from Yoxmere Fisherman regarding YPC News.
r)          SCDC – Notice of Co-option for Casual Vacancy.
s)         SCDC – Invitation to Annual Town and Parish Budget Review Meeting.
t)          Sizewell C Community Forum presentation slides.
u)         SALC – CEO Report for Area Meeting.
v)         SCDC Enforcement – Response to report of possible planning contravention.
w)        SALC – Transparency Fund grant approved.
x)         SALC – Sizewell A & B Stakeholder Group report.
y)         East Suffolk DC – Winter Preparedness.
z)         Headway Suffolk – request for donation.
aa)       SAAA – Notification of External Auditor Appointments for 2017-18.

 

 

 

    Add Comment Register

    Leave a Reply