September 2017

MINUTES OF THE YOXFORD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN YOXFORD VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 7th SEPTEMBER 2017 AT 7:00 PM

1. Attendance and Apologies

Attendees:0
Cllr. Russell Pearce – Chair
Cllr. Paul Ashton – Vice Chair
Cllr. Sam Hunt
Cllr. David Childs
Cllr. Ann Lambert
Cllr. John Walford
Cllr. Susan Hall
Cllr. Val Kelsey
Cllr. Ian Shaw
Cllr. Stephen Siddall

Apologies for absence:

Cllr. John Sutherell – written and accepted

County Cllr. Richard Smith

In attendance:

District Cllr. Stephen Burroughes

Sharon Smith – Clerk/RFO

2. Declarations of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary Interests

 

Cllr. Susan Hall declared a pecuniary interest in item 7c.

3. Public Forum

 

District Cllr. Stephen Burroughes asked the Council to consider responding to the consultations on Public Space Protection Orders and the Suffolk Coastal Local Plan Issues and Options Document.  Cllr. Burroughes asked for feedback on the effectiveness of the Local Plan exhibition to be held in Yoxford on 11th September.  Cllr. Burroughes said he will liaise with the Clerk to organise a Parish Briefing with Yoxford, Sibton and Peasenhall Parish Councils, together with County Cllr. Richard Smith, to have a collaborative conversation about issues common to all three parishes. Cllr. Burroughes agreed to speak to County Cllr. Richard Smith about the safety issues arising from the overgrown path from Yoxford to Darsham rail station.

 

4. Meeting Minutes

a) The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 3rd August 2017 were proposed by Cllr. Val Kelsey and seconded by Cllr. Paul Ashton.  They were approved as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chair.

b) The minutes of the meeting held on Friday 11th August 2017 were proposed by Cllr. Susan Hall and seconded by Cllr. Stephen Siddall.  They were approved as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chair.

5. Matters Arising

 

a) Cllr. Ian Shaw, referring to item 10, reported that he cleared overgrown nettles from Highways land on Strickland Manor Hill.  The Clerk said she had not yet asked Cllr. John Sutherell to speak to Dr Michael Lynch about the overgrown nettles on his adjacent land. ACTION: Clerk to progress.

 

b) Cllr. Russell Pearce followed up the remaining actions in the minutes and those that were not completed are detailed in Appendix I.

 

6. Councillors’ Meetings and Progress Reports

 

a) Yoxwood – the eco-toilet has been installed and a clause will be added to the lease.

 

b) Griffin Public House – the tenants have a 10 year lease but it is not registered.  The form and letters to register the pub as a community asset are ready for submission.

 

c) Village Sign – photographs of the unauthorised signs were sent to David Chenery, Highways and a site meeting has been requested.

 

d) Sizewell C – Flamanville is running at 50% capacity for part of the time. Hinkley Point C has the same system and Sizewell C will not be developed until progress is made at Hinkley Point C. ACTION: Clerk to invite the new Sizewell C Community Relations Manager to attend a meeting.

 

e) Cemetery – two plots reserved this month.  Review of assets undertaken: railings require cleaning and painting, gate requires varnishing and latch on lychgate requires repair.

 

f) Village Hall – Cllr. Ann Lambert and Cllr. Val Kelsey to share responsibility to liaise with the Village Hall. The committee elections will be held soon.

 

g) Village Survey – no reply has been received from the M&G Friendship Group with regard to applying for grant funding.

 

h) Traffic Task Group – the speed gun needs to be checked by the police annually.

 

i) Work Party – the waste has been cleared from the churchyard.  The next Work Party date will be arranged by email.  Cllr. Paul Ashton proposed spending £50 on paint and brushes to paint the cemetery railings.  Cllr. John Walford seconded.  All in favour. ACTION: Cllr. Ian Shaw to buy paint and brushes.

 

j) Councillors’ Training Event – the Council asked the Clerk to add specific matters arising from the training event to next month’s agenda for consideration. ACTION: Clerk to progress.

 

7. Planning Applications

a) The Council agreed to support planning application DC/17/3651/LBC – to remove panels to internal partition and insert 2 no. borrowed lights. Alteration and refurbishment to existing en-suite and shower room – The Old Beer House, High Street.

 

b) The Council agreed to support planning application DC/17/3501/TCA – to cut woody vegetation back from cables between two pole spans to south of Grey Cottage and Brook Cottage.

 

Cllr. Susan Hall left the room.

c) The Council agreed to support planning application DC/17/3610/TCA – to remove conifer from rear SE corner of garden – Craig House, High Street. ACTION: Clerk to inform the Planning department.

 

Cllr. Susan Hall returned.

 

8. Village

 

a) The Council discussed concerns raised by a resident about the tennis court.  It was agreed to forward to the resident a message received from the Chair of Yoxford Sports Group explaining the refurbishment work is not a change of use but is returning the court to its original multi-sports use in accordance with grant funding conditions.

ACTION: Clerk to reply to the resident.
b) The Council agreed that unauthorised signage attached to the village sign must be removed.
ACTION: Clerk to write to Griffin Public House.
c) The Council rejected a funding request to buy PAD and CPR training equipment however it would consider supporting the hire of equipment for training or the purchase of equipment for a First Responder.
ACTION: Cllr. Ian Shaw to inform the trainer.
d) The Council accepted a quotation for £320 for pruning work at Mulberry Park.
ACTION: Cllr. Ian Shaw to progress.
e) The Council discussed the Suffolk Coastal Local Plan Issues and Options Consultation Document.  It was agreed that Councillors would attend the Yoxford exhibition and question planning officers about the potential sites for development and hear residents’ views before meeting to formalise a reply.  Cllr. John Walford, Cllr. Stephen Siddall, Cllr. Sam Hunt and Cllr. Paul Ashton agreed to represent the Council at a seperate meeting with the Planning Policy Team.
ACTION: Cllr. Paul Ashton to liase with Cllrs. Walford, Siddall and Hunt.

9. Annual Return

 

The Council approved and accepted the external auditor’s Certificate and the Annual Return.

10. Finance

 

a) The Council noted the latest financial position detailed in Appendix II.

 

b) The Council accepted the insurance renewal quotation received from Community Action Suffolk.

c) The Council authorised the payments listed below.  Proposed by Cllr. John Walford. Seconded by Cllr. David Childs.  All were in favour.

 

Details Payee Amount Power
Clerk’s Salary Sharon Smith £324.75 LGA 1972 s.112
Clerk’s Expenses Sharon Smith £25.14 LGA 1972 s.111
Clerk’s PAYE (May 2017-Sep 2017) HMRC £198.60 LGA 1972 s.111
External Audit Fee BDO Ltd £240.00 LGA 1972 s.111
Councillors’ Training Event (share) SALC £246.90 LGA 1972 s.111
Grass Cutting (invoice 4582) RSC Landscapes Ltd £309.60 LGA 1972 s.111
Play Area Signage Sam Hunt £20.40 LGA 1972 s.111
Eco-Toilet Installation Expenses Philip Gordon (YSC Treasurer) £591.78 LGA 1972 s.111
Insurance Business Services at CAS Ltd £829.20 LGA 1972 s.111

 

11. Correspondence

 

The Councillors noted the correspondence received between 28th July 2017 and 1st September 2017 detailed in Appendix III. 

 

12. Questions to the Chair

 

None.

 

13. Date and Time of Next Meeting

 

The next meeting of the Council will be held on Thursday 5th October 2017 at 7:00 pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting closed at 8:56 pm.

 

 

Appendix I – Outstanding Actions

 

Meeting Date

Item Ref

Action

Responsibility

Comments

03/08/17 6g Summarise the changes to the Data Protection legislation. Clerk
03/08/17 6h Add the following to future agendas: the Clerk’s authorised spending limit, model policies to adopt, format of minutes and enhancing the transparency of Council business. Clerk
03/08/17 7a Fit bird spikes to swings and erect ownership and dog ban signs in playground. Cllr. Russell Pearce
03/08/17 6h Copy notes from Councillors’ Training Event. Cllr. Sam Hunt

 

 

Appendix II – Financial Position

Bank Balances

HSBC Community Account as at 4 August 2017

£1,855.72

N S & I Investment Account as at 31 December 2016

£10,747.89

United Trust Bank as at 31 July 2017

£6,917.47

 

£19,521.08

  Allocated Funds and Reserves SMH Play Area (including interest to 31 Mar 2016)

£1,170.85

Reserves

£6,800.00

 

£7,970.85

 

Bank Balances less Allocated Funds and Reserves

£11,550.23

    Income – September 2017 Yoxwood Steering Group – Donation

£3,324.00

 

£3,324.00

  Payments – September 2017 Sharon Smith – Clerk’s Salary

£324.75

Sharon Smith – Clerk’s Expenses

£25.14

HMRC – Clerk’s PAYE

£198.60

BDO – External Audit Fee

£240.00

SALC – Share of Councillors’ Training Expenses

£246.90

RSC Landscapes – Grass Cutting

£309.60

Sam Hunt – Play Area Signage

£20.40

Yoxwood Steering Group – Eco-Toilet Installation

£591.78

Business Services at CAS – Insurance

£829.20

 

£2,786.37

  Net Balance

£12,087.86

 

 

Appendix III – Correspondence

a) EDF Energy – Sizewell B Community Newsletters – June and July 2017. b) M&G Friendship Club – thank you letter. c) SC&WDC Environmental Protection Officer – Consultation on Air Quality in Suffolk Coastal. d) Email from resident via Cllr. Ian Shaw – overgrown nettles on Strickland Manor Hill. e) SALC – request to share VAS data with Wetheringsett-cum-Brockford Parish Council. f) Cllr. Ian Shaw – Defibrillator Training Course for Parish Councillors 17/08/17. g) SALC – Weekly Information Bulletin 17/08/17 and 25/08/17. h) Greenprint Forum Newsletter – July/August 2017. i) SC&WDC Environmental Protection Manager – Public Space Protection Orders for consultation. j) Sponsored dog walk in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance 15/10/17. k) SCDC Development Management – Planning Appeal Withdrawal – land at Old High Road. l) JLAG – Sizewell C Councillors Update – August 2017. m) SALC – LAIS1401 Litter Strategy. n) SALC – Suffolk Coastal Area Meeting 18/09/17. o) Invitation to East Suffolk Partnership Annual Forum 10/11/17. p) Cllr. Ian Shaw – Yoxford Volunteers update. q) Suffolk Coastal Local Plan – Issues and Options Consultation Document 18/08/17 – 30/10/17. r) SC&WDC – Silver Sunday 01/10/17. s) Temporary Traffic Regulation Notice – B1122 Level Crossing Maintenance 04/09/17 – 05/09/17. t) Suffolk Coastal Local Plan – Town and Parish Meetings.

 

    Add Comment Register

    Leave a Reply