August 2017

MINUTES OF THE YOXFORD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN
YOXFORD VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 3rd AUGUST 2017 AT 7:00 PM

 

1.         Attendance and Apologies

Attendees:
Cllr. Paul Ashton
Cllr. Sam Hunt
Cllr. David Childs
Cllr. Ann Lambert
Cllr. John Walford
Cllr. Susan Hall
Cllr. Val Kelsey
Cllr. Ian ShawCllr. Stephen Siddall

 

Apologies   for absence:Cllr. Russell Pearce –   written and accepted

Cllr. John Sutherell –   written and accepted

District Cllr. Stephen   Burroughes

In   attendance:

County Cllr. Richard   Smith

Sharon Smith – Clerk/RFO
2 members of the public

 

In the absence of Cllr. Russell Pearce, Cllr. Paul Ashton chaired the meeting.

 

  1. 2.         Declarations of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary Interests

 

Cllr. Sam Hunt declared a pecuniary interest in item 6a as he is an employee of the company who quoted for play area signage.

3.         Public Forum

a)         A member of the public asked the Council for permission to hold an event at Yoxwood to include a bar, barbeque and a band.  The Council asked for further details to be emailed to the Clerk for consideration by the Council at their next meeting.
ACTION: Clerk to add to next month’s agenda.

 

b)         County Cllr. Richard Smith reported that next year’s proposed budget of £502 million is due to be reviewed by the Scrutiny Committee and, because of central government cuts, savings of £28.5 million need to be made.  Cllr. Smith also said that a County Council report into alternative sites for the Sizewell C accommodation campus has been made public and presented to EDF Energy for their consideration.  With regard to the overgrown verges on the lane off Strickland Manor Hill, Cllr Smith said the County Council leader, Cllr. Colin Noble, dealt with this matter in his absence and he said the verges qualify for only one cut each year.

 

  1. 4.         Meeting Minutes

a)         The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 6th July 2017 were proposed by Cllr. Val Kelsey and seconded by Cllr. John Walford.  They were approved as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chair.

b)         The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 26th July 2017 were proposed by Cllr. Val Kelsey and seconded by Cllr. Ian Shaw.  They were approved as a true and accurate record and were signed by the Chair.

5.         Matters Arising

a)         Cllr. Ian Shaw, referring to item 5a, gave the spare noticeboard lock to the Clerk for safe-keeping.

b)         Cllr. Stephen Siddall, referring to item 3b and item 13, circulated Land Registry maps showing property boundaries which include the hedge on the lane off Strickland Manor Hill and the hedge bordering Culcott Close.  Cllr. Paul Ashton proposed that Cllr. Siddall is authorised to spend the necessary amount to obtain details of ownership of these properties.  Seconded by Cllr. Ian Shaw.  All were in favour.

c)         Cllr. Ian Shaw, referring to item 6k, said he obtained a quotation from JB Tree Services to complete the necessary pruning work at Mulberry Park.
ACTION: Clerk to add to next month’s agenda for consideration.

d)         Cllr. John Walford, referring to item 6c, said he emailed details of two appropriate benches for the cemetery to the resident for his consideration.

e)         Cllr. Stephen Siddall, referring to item 7, suggested the next step is to meet David Chenery of Highways on site to discuss the proposed advertising sign.  If this is not permitted, the Council may need to find private land.  The Council agreed to submit photographs of the existing signs, agreement from local businesses they are willing to share a Council funded sign and an image of the proposed new sign to David Chenery for his formal consideration.
ACTION: ?

f)          Cllr. Paul Ashton, referring to item 5d, said the Enforcement Officer has instructed the resident to take down the structure by the end of July 2017 and a site visit will be done to inspect this.

6.         Councillors’ Meetings and Progress Reports

a)         Yoxwood – Cllr. David Childs said delivery of the eco-toilet is expected on 15th August 2017.

b)         Griffin Public House – Cllr. Stephen Siddall reported the forms to register the inn as a community asset and the letter to the freeholder are ready to be sent.  It was agreed to also write to the tenants to inform them.
ACTION: Cllr. Paul Ashton to obtain names of current tenants.

c)         Sizewell C – Cllr. John Walford said EDF Energy have recently appointed John McNamara to the post of Sizewell C Community Relations Manager.
ACTION: Clerk to invite John McNamara to attend a meeting.

d)         Village Hall – Cllr. Val Kelsey reported that broadband has been connected and the invoices for installation and monthly charges will be passed to the Clerk.  Cllr. Kelsey gave the Clerk a quotation for a village notice board to apply for a grant from District Cllr. Stephen Burroughes.
ACTION: Clerk to progress.

e)         Traffic Task Group – Cllr. Paul Ashton reported that a small group will begin carrying out the Community Speed Watch.
ACTION: Cllr. Paul Ashton to ascertain if the speed gun needs to be checked annually by the police.

f)          Village Survey – Cllr. Paul Ashton reported he spoke to the M&G Friendship Club about applying for a grant.  They will discuss this at their next committee meeting.

g)         Work Party – Cllr. Ian Shaw reported he has combined his three volunteer lists.  The Council agreed the email list was subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
ACTION: Clerk to summarise recent changes to the Data Protection legislation at the next meeting.

h)         Councillors’ Training Event – The Council agreed to discuss the following at future meetings: the Clerk’s authorised spending limit, model policies to adopt, format of minutes and enhancing the transparency of Council business.
ACTION: Clerk to add to future meeting agendas.

7.         Village

a)         Cllr. Sam Hunt, who had declared an interest in this item, left the room and did not participate in either the discussion or the vote.  The Council authorised expenditure of £71.94 on spikes to prevent bird fouling to the swings at Little Street.  Cllr. Russell Pearce previously agreed to fit these.  The Council also authorised expenditure of £17 plus VAT on ownership signage for the play equipment at Little Street.  Proposed by Cllr. John Walford.  Seconded by Cllr. Susan Hall.  All present were in favour.  Cllr. David Childs said he had some ‘dog-ban’ signs.
ACTION: Clerk to order bird spikes and Cllr. Sam Hunt to order ownership signs.  Cllr. David Childs to look out ‘dog-ban’ signs.

b)         The Council agreed to conduct the annual review of village assets.  Cllr. John Walford to inspect the cemetery assets, Cllr. Ian Shaw to inspect the work party assets and Cllr. Paul Ashton to inspect the traffic management assets.  Cllr. David Childs, Cllr. Stephen Siddall, Cllr. Susan Hall and Cllr. Paul Ashton to inspect the remaining assets throughout the village.

8.         Finance

a)         The Council noted the latest financial position detailed in Appendix I.

b)         The Council approved the bank reconciliation for Quarter 1 2017 and it was signed by the Clerk and Cllr. Sam Hunt.

c)         The Council reviewed the cemetery fees and agreed to remove the £50 charge to select a plot out of rotation.  No other changes were made.

d)         The Council authorised the payments listed below.  Proposed by Cllr. David Childs.  Seconded by Cllr. Sam Hunt.  All were in favour.

Details Payee Amount Power
Yoxwood Eco-Loo (50%   remainder) Eloo Ltd £2,681.20 LGA 1972 s.111
Clerk’s Salary Sharon Smith £418.68 LGA 1972 s.112
Clerk’s Expenses Sharon Smith £20.41 LGA 1972 s.111
Grass Cutting (invoice   4524) RSC Landscapes Ltd £614.40 LGA 1972 s.111
Recycling Bins – Annual   Donation Village Hall £150.00 LGA 1972 s.137
Yoxford Yapper – Annual   Donation John McMinn £45.36 LGA 1972 s.137
PAD   Electricity – Annual Donation Horner’s Stores £30.00 LGA 1972 s.137

9.         Correspondence

The Councillors noted the correspondence received between 30th June 2017 and 27th July 2017 detailed in Appendix II. 

10.       Questions to the Chair

The Council agreed to ask Cllr. John Sutherell to request Michael Lynch to arrange for the nettles and brambles to be cut back on the land he owns bordering Strickland Manor Hill.
ACTION: Clerk to contact Cllr. John Sutherell.

 

  1. 11.       Date and Time of Next Meeting

 

The next meeting of the Council will be held on Thursday 7th September 2017 at 7:00 pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting closed at 8:50 pm.

 


 

Appendix I – Financial Position

Bank Balances
HSBC Community   Account as at 7 July 2017

£5,290.77

N S & I Investment   Account as at 31 December 2016

£10,747.89

United Trust Bank   as at 31 July 2016

£6,801.22

£22,839.88

Allocated Funds and   Reserves
SMH Play Area   (including interest to 31 Mar 2016)

£1,170.85

Reserves

£6,800.00

£7,970.85

Bank Balances less   Allocated Funds and Reserves

£14,869.03 

Income – August   2017  
UTB Fixed Deposit – Interest on Maturity

£116.25

Cemetery – Memorial Headstones/Kerb Surrounds

£525.00

£641.25

   
Payments – August   2017
Eloo Ltd Waterless   Toilets – Remaining Balance

£2,681.20

Clerk’s Salary

£418.68

Clerk’s Expenses

£20.41

RSC Landscapes Ltd   – Grass Cutting

£614.40

Village Hall –   Recycling Bins Annual Donation

£150.00

Yoxford Yapper –   Annual Donation

£45.36

Horner’s Stores –   PAD Electricity Annual Donation

£30.00

£3,960.05

Net Balance

£11,550.23


 

Appendix II – Correspondence

a)       Notification of Temporary Traffic Order – B1122 Level Crossing Maintenance – 06/08/17 to           08/08/17 – 23:00 to 06:00.
b)       Yoxwood Newsletter – Spring/Summer 2017.
c)       SCDC – Coastline Lite – Summer Edition.
d)       National Plant Monitoring Scheme – 2017 Update.
e)       EDF Energy – Introduction to new Sizewell C Community Relations Manager.
f)        TEAGS Report – July 2017.
g)       District Cllr. Stephen Burroughes – July Report.
h)       SALC – Information Bulletin w/c 10/07/17.
i)        SALC – Town and Parish Website Design.
j)        TEAGS Update – 19/07/17.
k)       Cllr. John Sutherell and Cllr. Ian Shaw – Yoxford Church Yard.
l)        Cllr. Ian Shaw – Volunteering in Yoxford.
m)      EDF Energy – Sizewell B Community Newsletter – June 2017.
n)       Dr Therese Coffey – Suffolk Coastal Tour – 30/08/17 – 09.00 to 09:10.

 

 

    Add Comment Register

    Leave a Reply